Brian Lewis (bjlewis2), front-end engineer for Four Kitchens, and founder of Modules Unraveled joins Ryan Price and Mike Anello to figure out if/when we should all be using Composer to manage our Drupal projects. Once that was figured out, there were some picks of the week, Drupal-y news, and Brian goes on the hot seat for five questions.
- Drupal Composer Drupal project starter.
- Modules Unraveled Composer and Configuration Management video series.
- Using Composer with a Relocated Document Root on Pantheon - blog post by Greg Anderson.
- Drupal Composer Recipes - blog post by Alex Tkachev.
- Will Composer be a barrier for sitebuilders to use Drupal 8? (Goodbye, tarballs and drush dl!) - blog post by Marc Drummond.
- Which is a higher barrier? Sass or Composer - Twitter conversation with Marc Drummond and Jacine Luisi.
- Drupal Career Online Spring 2017 (evening) class begins March 13! Learn more at our upcoming online Taste of Drupal event on February 28th.
- Learning Drupal: Time is on Your Side.
- Layout is a new experimental subsystem - Drupal.org change record.
- Media initiative is official and we are one of its leading parts - blog posy by MD Systems.
- [What's new on Drupal.org? December 2016](https://www.drupal.org/drupalorg/blog/whats-new-on-drupalorg-december-2…] - blog post by Tim Lehnen.
- MyDropWizard.com - Long-term-support services for Drupal 6, 7, and 8 sites.
- WebEnabled.com - devPanel.
Picks of the Week
- Mike - Module Missing Message Fixer module and Nominations are now open for the 2017 Aaron Winborn Award.
- Ryan - Solving Conflicts in composer.lock by Rafael Dohms.
- Brian - Emulsify - Drupal 8 theme with Pattern Lab integration.
- Florida DrupalCamp - February 17-19, 2017.
Follow us on Twitter
Five Questions (answers only)
- Slice and dehydrate my own beef jerky, with a homemade seasoning. So, all from scratch.
- Zeplin (for a client project) Docker for Mac (for me).
- Buying our first house! (We’re actually closing on the 17th!).
- My dog.
- When I was contracted to build the new website for the school district I was working in.
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or corrections. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.